Terms and Conditions
- References to the ‘Property’, the ‘Term’ and the ‘Guest’ are as identified on the Booking Form or Invoice and Booking Confirmation email.
- The contract for the letting of the self-catering Property is made between the accommodation provider (“we”, “us”, “our”) and the Guest (“you”), and incorporates our terms displayed on the booking platform and these terms and conditions (the “Contract”). Cotswolds Valleys Accommodation has been appointed by us as booking and managing agent and is authorised by us for the sole purpose of binding us into entering into this Contract but not authorised to bind us in any other way. For the avoidance of doubt, Cotswolds Valleys Accommodation is not party to the Contract.
Check Your Details
- Please ensure that you check the information on the Booking Form or Invoice, and Booking Confirmation email carefully. It is your responsibility to ensure that the information is complete and accurate.
- We use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information that is published (on websites and in promotional materials) is accurate, but errors do occasionally occur. Any pictures are provided for illustrative purposes only. Please ensure that you check all information with us prior to booking.
Making Your Payment
- Unless a booking is made more than two calendar months in advance of the arrival date, in which case only 25% of the full amount (the “Initial Deposit”) will be payable, the full amount will be payable as indicated on the Booking form or Invoice and this must be paid, in full, at the same time as submitting your booking to us (unless otherwise indicated or agreed in writing). In the case where an Initial Deposit only is paid on booking, the Balance Payment of 75% must be paid no less than two calendar months prior to arrival (unless otherwise indicated or agreed in writing), and the Balance Payment will be processed without further notice on or soon after the date that it is due using card details provided by you at the time of booking, unless you contact us prior with alternate means of payment. We reserve the right to cancel a booking if the Balance Payment is not received by the date that it is due with your Initial Deposit being forfeited.
- We reserve the right, on occasion, to require payment of a Damage Deposit (in addition to and separate from other monies paid). Providing the terms and conditions of the Contract are complied with and no dispute arises as to its return, the Damage Deposit will be returned in full at the end of the Term within a reasonable period of not more than fourteen days.
- We are pleased to accept payment by Debit Card (preferred), bank transfer (net of all bank charges) or Credit Card (excluding American Express). We reserve the right to require alternative payment details where you make your reservation using American Express on connected third party booking websites.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- After placing your booking and making payment, you will receive a Booking Confirmation from us via the email address provided by you which shall refer you to the terms and conditions of the Contract. By placing your booking and making payment you confirm that you have read the Terms and Conditions of the Contract and agree to be bound by them. Acceptance of the keys to the Property will further constitute acceptance.
- The Contract will only come into existence when we have issued a written confirmation of your booking AND a written confirmation of your payment following receipt of your Booking Form or booking request and payment. Prior to such time, we may decline your booking for any reason.
Extending Your Booking
- At the end of the Term, any extension granted will be deemed a new and separate booking on the terms of this Contract and will require payment in advance prior to the new term commencing.
- Before your arrival date, you may terminate the Contract and cancel your booking by giving us notice in writing. Where notice is received at least two calendar months prior to your arrival date, you will receive a full refund. Where notice is received at least four weeks prior to your arrival date and the full balance was paid on time you will receive a 50% refund. Where notice is received at least two weeks prior to your arrival date and the full balance was paid on time you will receive a 25% refund. We may in our discretion cancel the contract prior to your arrival date, but if we do so we shall refund all monies paid by you.
- You shall occupy the Property as a licensee for the purposes of your holiday stay. As a licensee, no relationship of landlord and tenant is created by the Contract. The licence to occupy granted to you is personal and may not be assigned or transferred. We retain control, possession and management of the Property and you have no right to exclude us from the Property. You must grant us (and our representatives and agents) reasonable access to the Property upon request. We reserve the right to require you to transfer to alternative space on the provision of reasonable notice and you shall comply with such requirement.
- You may stay at the Property and use the utilities and the Property’s contents (including any furniture, crockery, cutlery, beds, linen, duvets, towels, cleaning equipment, cleaning products and toys at the Property) during the Term. Please note that baby-specific bedding, travel cot bedding, and towels for babies are not provided. The furniture and contents of the Property are made available on an “as is” basis. If there is any doubt as to their suitability or safety for children of a certain age, they should not be used and/or placed out of reach. This is the responsibility of the parent(s) or guardian(s) in question.
- You must arrive no earlier than and vacate the Property no later than the times indicated on the final booking confirmation. Early arrival and/or late departure may be agreed in advance on request at additional cost (subject to availability). If you intend to arrive after 8pm please contact us at least 48 hours in advance. If you fail to do so we may be unable to assist if you have any difficulty gaining access to the property.
- The number of people occupying the Property must not exceed the number specified on the Booking Form or Invoice. You shall ensure that anyone permitted by the Guest to reside in or enter the Property shall comply with the terms and conditions of the Contract and the Guest may be held accountable for any breach thereof.
- You shall observe the rules, regulations and guidance set out in the Guest Information and any other rules, regulations or guidance specified by us or our agents from time to time governing the use of the Property, its contents and any common areas and ensure that they are observed by anyone permitted by the Guest to reside in or enter the Property.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Guest to be familiar with the written Fire Evacuation Procedure, and to instruct anyone permitted by the Guest to reside in or enter the Property accordingly. It shall be the responsibility of the Guest and anyone permitted by the Guest to reside in or enter the Property to contact Fire and Rescue services in cases of emergency. In the interests of fire safety it is your responsibility to ensure that mobile phone or other chargers are unplugged when they are not in use.
- During the period of your stay, you shall keep the Property, its contents, and any common areas to which you have access, clean, tidy, unobstructed and in good condition. You shall not cause any blockage to the drains, gutters and pipes of the Property. You shall not remove any of the contents from the Property. You may not smoke, nor allow smoking, at the Property, in any communal areas or within the building. You shall be fully responsible for any damage caused to the Property, the contents or the common areas and you shall fully indemnify us in respect of any such damage caused by you or any member of your party, and/or in respect of any additional cleaning costs that we incur as a result of you failing to comply with these terms and conditions.
- You shall comply with all laws and recommendations of the relevant suppliers relating to the use of any services and utilities.
- You may use the WiFi internet connection at the Property, provided always that you do so in a fair and lawful manner, you do not use the internet connection for any unlawful purpose or to access any unlawful material, and that you comply with any additional terms of access that we may provide to you in this regard from time to time. Whilst we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that this service is available at all times, we may withdraw the internet connection at any time.
- You shall not make any alterations or additions to or redecorate the Property.
- In the unlikely event that there is any problem with the Property, you shall contact us as soon as reasonably possible and give us a reasonable opportunity to repair or fix any defect.
- You agree that you will not contact us or our agents outside normal working hours unless in cases of emergency.
- You must not do or permit or suffer anything to be done which may cause nuisance or annoyance to any neighbour of the Property. You must not use the Property for immoral or illegal purposes. You must not use the Property for any use that has the effect of invalidating our insurance. You may not bring any pets to the Property without our prior written consent and an additional charge may be levied. You accept full responsibility for the proper conduct of yourself and your party during your stay. If we are of the reasonable opinion that you or any member of your party is behaving in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger or upset to any other person or damage to property, we may terminate the Contract with immediate effect without liability for refund or compensation.
- We shall be entitled to terminate the Contract with immediate effect if:
- you are in material breach of any term of the Contract and, if capable of remedy, you do not remedy such breach within such reasonable timescale as we notify to you;
- you repeatedly breach any of the terms of the Contract in such a manner as to reasonably justify the opinion that your conduct is inconsistent with you having the intention or ability to give effect to the Contract;
- you are the subject of a bankruptcy petition or order, administration order, winding up order or any other act of insolvency occurs;
If we re-enter the Property pursuant to this clause then the licence or common law tenancy shall immediately end. Any right or remedy we have in respect of any breach of the terms and conditions of the Contract will remain in force.
- We shall also be entitled to terminate the Contract on giving reasonable prior written notice if:
- we require possession of the Property for our own residence; or
- we require possession of the Property to undertake substantial works to the Property.
If we re-enter the Property pursuant to this clause then the licence or common law tenancy shall immediately end on expiry of the notice period. Any right or remedy we have in respect of any breach of the terms and conditions of the Contract will remain in force.
- You may terminate the Contract at any time with immediate effect if:
- we are in material breach of any term of the Contract and, if capable of remedy, we do not remedy such breach within a reasonable timescale; or
- we go into liquidation or a receiver or an administrator is appointed over our assets or we cease to trade.
- On termination or expiry of the Contract for any reason, you must (if applicable) promptly vacate the Property, leaving it in good, clean and tidy condition. Excess cleaning beyond what is considered normal or reasonable will be charged at £30 per hour. Lost keys will be charged at £30 per set. Late departure may be subject to an additional charge of £25 per 20 minutes in excess of the agreed departure time. Any amounts payable but not paid shall become immediately due and payable (unless you terminate the Contract in accordance with paragraph 27 above). We reserve the right to deduct from your debit or credit card all amounts due and payable without advance notification. You shall remove all personal possessions from the Property once the Term has ended. If any of your personal possessions are left at the Property after the Term has ended, you will be responsible for meeting all reasonable removal and storage charges. We will not be responsible for any such items and whilst we will use reasonable efforts to return any items to you, this cannot be guaranteed.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you purchase insurance (including without limitation cancellations insurance and insurance for your belongings) that is suitable and adequate for your stay and your particular needs.
- We will use our best endeavours to ensure that the buildings and our contents at the Property are insured.
- We shall use our best endeavours to ensure that the structure and exterior of the Property (including drains, external pipes, gutters and external windows), the installations in the Property for the supply of water, gas and electricity and for sanitation (including basins, sinks, baths and sanitary conveniences) and the installations in the Property for space heating and heating water are kept in repair. We shall keep in repair the cooker, washing machines, tumble dryer, fridge, freezer and dishwasher (if these appliances are at the Property and provided by us). Cleaning of the property by us prior to your arrival and after your departure is inclusive in the rate charged.
- We are responsible for any loss or damage that you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of the Contract or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the Contract. Our maximum liability for losses you suffer as a result of us acting in breach of these terms and conditions is strictly limited to the total fees you have paid for the Booking. We shall have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matters in respect of which it would be unlawful to exclude or limit liability.
- We will not be responsible or liable for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the Contract that is caused by an event outside of our control, meaning (without limitation) strikes, lock-outs or industrial action, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack, war or threat of war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic, or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
- As a consumer, you have legal rights in respect of services not carried out with reasonable skill and care. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect these legal rights.
- We will use the personal information you provide to us in order to provide the services you have requested and to process payments from you. We will not pass your personal information to any third party without your prior consent, unless required or permitted to do so by law or any competent authority.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under the Contract to another organisation, and we will always notify you if this happens, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under the Contract. You may only transfer your rights or obligations under the Contract to another person if we agree in writing.
- The Contract is between you and us and no other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Each paragraph of these terms and conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them or any part of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs or part paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under the Contract, or we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, this will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- The Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any disputes arising under or in connection with the Contract.